Council members are representatives from the games that The Saint George Society is currently participating in. To be official they must meet the criteria here and be approved by the Council. Each game may only have one Councilor representing it and they can be selected however the guild in that specific game chooses.
Any Council member on the roster should be tagged with this category page and appear bellow.
|Joseph Fletcher||Feb, 2004||July 1st, 2017||First Lord|
|Nathaniel Blatchford||Mar 11th, 2009||Apr 1st, 2017||Commissioner|
|John Page||Feb 17th, 2011||Apr 1st, 2017||Society Secretary|
|Ashleigh Bagster||Nov 30th, 2012||Oct 1st, 2016||Chief of Society Personnel|
|James Thomson||Mar 3rd, 2008||Oct 1st, 2016||Secretary of Society Recrutment|
Board of Society Flag Officers
Runs the Human Resources side of the society. This includes maintaining the roster, managing the medals and promotions system and helping members to complete their paperwork.
Manages the recruitment and patronage system for the society.
Oversees the website and forums.
Society Flag Officer application form
Click here if the form does not display properly to be taken to it directly. Before applying for the board, check the current applications. For the society to run smoothly it is important that each role is adequately filled. Please read the current application for the role you are interested in, the board is chosen based on seniority and it is hoped that a high ranking officer would pass in favor of a lower ranking officer with a good application. If there is a gap which you can help fill or a busy task that requires more help then please complete the form below.
Forming the Board of Flag
Members are invited to apply at any time. Existing members must fill an application to confirm they wish to continue.
- At the end of each quarter (three months) the size of the board for the next quarter is calculated as 12% of the full membership rounded to the nearest odd number. With a minimum of 3.
- A poll is then created, that lasts 5 days, in the Council office with a separate option for each applications primary and secondary choice. Each voter is given the number of choices as there are seats on the board. The Council then votes for the new board.
- Any member requires a minimum one-half (50%) of the votes cast by the Council in order to assume office. Members with less votes will be considered "Non Confidence" and not awarded the role. (e.g. If there are twelve members on the Council; in order for a member to be inducted into the new board they require a minimum of six votes.) These are hard votes, and modifiers (Rank, and only in office) will not be applied to a member not gaining 1/2 (50%) in favor.
- The results are modified with the following points:
- Baronet +1
- Baron +2
- Viscount +3
- Earl +4
- Most votes in that department +20
- The highest scoring members form the board (ties are resolved by seniority)
A member may step down from the board at any time. He returns to his former status with full honours. His place is then filled as soon as possible.
Removing a Flag Officer
In the unlikely event that a board member is not performing his duties but will not step down he can be retired after a Council vote.