Captain John Page's background and information
Coat of Arms
The Blazon: Gyronny of eight Sable and Argent with a Cross counterchanged and in the second quarter on a Gulpe fimbriated with Line and Reef Knot Argent a Fleur-de-lis Argent charged per fess with two Mullets Purpure. Crest: An Eagle rousant with wings elevated and displayed Sable crowned Or.
The Shield: Coat of Arms of Lord John Page, Viscount Leeds.
- Has White as the Metal, symbolising Peace and Purity.
- Has Black as the Colour, symbolising Constancy and Vigilance.
- Has a Cross, counterchanged (inverting the Metal and Colour where they change), symbolising Protection; and a Gyronny in Eight as Ordinaries.
- Has a Gulpe (a purple roundel) on the dexter side, nearest to where the heart of the warrior would be, symbolising Honour and willingness to undergo suffering for a noble cause. It is charged with a White Fleur-de-lis, symbolising Victory and Purity which is itself charged with two Mullets (five point stars) that signify both Truth and Knowledge, and Faith and Reason. It is also fimbriated (having a narrow border) with a Line tied in a reef knot as a Charge, symbolising Unity.
- Is a Viscount's Helm, barred and facing to the right.
- Has a Viscount's Coronet above the Shield.
- Is a Black Eagle, crowned with a Naval Crown symbolising Leadership and the virtue of Nobility (not birth). The wings are elevated and displayed as to be taking flight, symbolising Vigiliance and Preparedness.
- The Badge of the Most Honourable Military Order of the Bath.
- The Badge of a Baronet of England.
- The Badge of The Most Noble Order of the Garter.
- Prudentia Iustitia Fortitudo Temperentia, "Prudence. Justice. Fortitude. Temperance."
Record of Achievement
- February 16th, 2011 - Enlisted in the squadron
- March 16th, 2011 - Promotion to Esquire
- November 5th, 2012 - Promotion to Knight Companion of the Most Honourable Military Order of the Bath
- December 5th, 2012 - Awarded the Admiral's Commendation
- April 11th, 2013 - Awarded the Governor's Commendation
- June 5th, 2013 - Promotion to Baronet
- October 6th, 2014 - Promotion to Baron
- June 5th, 2016 - Awarded Parliamentary Commendation
- April 1st, 2017 - Promotion to Viscount
- HMS Vigilance, 5th-Rate Man-of-War, 28 guns