Welcome to the St.George Squadron of the White!
The St.George Squadron of the White (SGS) is the oldest British society in the game, with a long tradition and experienced members. We are a role playing-minded society, although you shouldn't be scared off by that. If you're looking for a PotBS society that bases itself on history and historical fiction then SGS could be the place for you.
14 Day Free Trail - Play PotBS for free!
Applying to join
We use a 4 stage recruitment process designed to get you playing with us as quickly as possible. The stages are:
- Application form
- First, we ask you to register on the forums and complete the short application form. The next stage is a short interview in game, to be interviewed as for a SGS officer in Nation chat. The interview only takes 5 minutes and allows you to ask any questions about the society. On completion of the interview you will be invited to join the society and given patronage status.
- Your patronage will last between 15 days and 2 months. Twice a month elegable patronage officers will be put forward for promotion. To be elegable you must conform to the following regulations:
- Be a member for at least 15 days
- Have a regulation character name
- Be in Uniform
- Each SGS member can vote for a patronage officer in one of three ways, based on their personal experience.
- Yes, officer is promoted to Master and full member.
- More time needed, officer remains at patronage, is entered in the next promotion.
- No, officer is removed from the squadron.
A clear majority is needed in each case with undecided results defaulting to More time needed.
If a patronage officer does not recieve a yes vote after 2 months he will be removed from the squadron.
Recruitment Frequently Asked Questions
- What server Nation and Class do you play?
- SGS are a British Society on Antigua. We welcome all classes including any alt characters.
- Are you a Role Play society?
- Historical Society would be a better description. Naval Officers must wear our Uniform and characters are expected to have historically suitable names. We don't enforce role play on our members but do encourage those who want to, although it is not allowed to get in the way of PVP or RVR. To sum up we play in the spirit of the British Navy of 1720, which includes being effective fighters.
- Do you have to speak in Character on Vent or Chat?
- NO. Vent is very relaxed and we laugh and joke like anyone else. Some members talk in character in chat but it is not a requirement. When it comes to PVP we focus on clear and effective communications.
- My friends are joining and I'm afraid I will be turned away!
- Don't be. Although applicants sometimes decide to withdraw their application during patronage in the 6 year history of the squadron less than 3 people have been refused membership. We've had members from closing societies join SGS en mass and all have enjoyed successful careers with the squadron.
- What play styles do you have?
- All of them. We regularly PVP, Open Sea PVE, Run missions and have a thriving economy. We also have a duelling club and Role Play events. Whatever your play style you'll find something do at SGS and we try to keep things balanced so you don't get bored. Everything is optional, you won't be expected to run missions or PVP if that isn't your thing.
- Does SGS have a lot of rules and regulations?
- Depends on how you look at it. We try to keep it as simple as we can whilst protecting the reputation of the squadron and everyone's enjoyment (even our enemies). Most of our regulations, like Character Names and Uniform, you only have to worry about once. The day to day rules are based on respect for all players and common sense.
- How far up the squadron can I advance?
- As far as you want to. We have had people join as patronage officers and climb all the way to the top! Only the rank of Sea Lord is reserved for founding members, every other rank can be reached through merit.
Pages in category "Recruitment"
The following 2 pages are in this category, out of 2 total.